Vegan oatmeal muffins ☀️ Mornings just got brighter with these delicious plant based and oil-free oatmeal muffins. Lightly sweet and so satisfying, you'll feel great starting your day off right!
Oatmeal muffins are perfect to nibble on over a leisurely cup of coffee or tea or as a quick grab & go breakfast on the run. Loaded with the goodness of oats, 100 % vegan and oil-free, you can enjoy these vegan oatmeal muffins, 100% guilt-free! This recipe can also be prepared gluten-free. (See my notes on the recipe below).
How to make vegan oatmeal muffins
We wanted to create a super yummy plant based oatmeal muffin recipe that had just the right texture and was 100% oil-free. Subtly sweet and full of flavor, with just enough spice with cinnamon and nutmeg, and a bright splash of fresh lemon and zest. This recipe is ideally suited to add other ingredients of your liking, such as:
- Fresh or dried cranberries
- Dried cherries
- Walnuts or pecans
- Diced apples
- Non-dairy milk
- Quick cook oats
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Vegan egg replacer
- Apple sauce
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
🥕See the printable recipe below for complete details.
How to make this recipe gluten-free
🥕NOTE: If you would like to make gluten-free muffins, simply substitute the all-purpose flour with a 1:1 gluten-free flour of your choice, or you can make your own using this blend:
- 3 cups white rice flour
- 3 cups potato starch
- 2 cups sorghum flour
- 4 teaspoon xanthan gum
Whisk together in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container or at room temperature up to 3 months.
Looking for other delish vegan breakfast ideas? Here are a few favorites!
- Best Easy Vegan Pancake Recipe
- Easy Vegan Tofu Scramble
- Easy Vegan Waffles
- Vegan Coconut Orange Curd
- Vegan Orange Cranberry Bread
If you love this recipe ★★★★★ please be sure to rate it below! Sharing your experience lets me know that you enjoyed it and will help other readers decide if they should give the recipe a try too. Thanks a bunch!🥕
Vegan Oatmeal Muffins
- Medium mixing bowl
- large bowl
- Wire whisk
- One rubber or silicone spatula
- Cupcake/muffin pan
- cupcake liners
- 1 C non-dairy milk
- 1 C oats
- 1-½ C all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ C apple sauce
- ½ C brown sugar packed
- 1 vegan egg replacer equivalent of one egg using vegan egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Fill muffin pan with paper liners
- Soak oatmeal in milk for at least 10 minutes
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (except sugar). Make a well in the center.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine sugar and all wet ingredients and lemon zest
- Add wet ingredients plus the oat and milk mixture to dry, stirring until just combined. Add any extra ingredients to batter. Don't over stir.
- Spoon batter evenly into the 12 cups. Sprinkle top of each with a pinch of rolled oats and granulated sugar, if desired.
- Bake on center rack in oven, at 425° for 5 minutes. Lower heat to 350° and continue baking for 16-17 minutes.
- When ready, muffins should be golden-brown on top and the centers spring back when lightly pressed.
- Allow muffins to cool for a few minutes before removing from muffin tin. Place on wire rack to continue cooling.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.