Vegan oatmeal muffins ☀️ Mornings just got brighter with these delicious plant based and oil-free oatmeal muffins. Lightly sweet and so satisfying, you'll feel great starting your day off right!
Oatmeal muffins are perfect to nibble on over a leisurely cup of coffee or tea or as a quick grab & go breakfast on the run. Loaded with the goodness of oats, 100 % vegan and oil-free, you can enjoy these vegan oatmeal muffins, 100% guilt-free! This recipe can also be prepared gluten-free. (See my notes on the recipe below).
Oatmeal is one of the most popular ingredients used in many breakfast and baked good recipes, including muffins, and my favorite homemade oatmeal cookies and cranberry oat crumble bars.
How to make vegan oatmeal muffins
We wanted to create a super yummy plant based oatmeal muffin recipe that had just the right texture and was 100% oil-free. Subtly sweet and full of flavor, with just enough spice with cinnamon and nutmeg, and a bright splash of fresh lemon and zest. This recipe is ideally suited to add other ingredients of your liking, such as:
- Fresh or dried cranberries
- Dried cherries
- Walnuts or pecans
- Diced apples
- Non-dairy milk
- Quick cook oats
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Vegan egg replacer
- Apple sauce
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
🥕See the printable recipe below for complete details.
How to make this recipe gluten-free
🥕NOTE: If you would like to make gluten-free muffins, simply substitute the all-purpose flour with a 1:1 gluten-free flour of your choice, or you can make your own using this blend:
- 3 cups white rice flour
- 3 cups potato starch
- 2 cups sorghum flour
- 4 teaspoon xanthan gum
Whisk together in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container or at room temperature up to 3 months.
Looking for other delish vegan breakfast ideas? Here are a few favorites!
- Best Easy Vegan Pancake Recipe
- Easy Vegan Tofu Scramble
- Easy Vegan Waffles
- Vegan Coconut Orange Curd
- Vegan Orange Cranberry Bread
If you love this recipe, ★★★★★ please rate it in the comments below. Thanks a bunch!🥕
Vegan Oatmeal Muffins
- Medium mixing bowl
- large bowl
- Wire whisk
- One rubber or silicone spatula
- Cupcake/muffin pan
- cupcake liners
- 1 C non-dairy milk
- 1 C oats
- 1-½ C all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ C apple sauce
- ½ C brown sugar packed
- 1 vegan egg replacer equivalent of one egg using vegan egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Fill muffin pan with paper liners
- Soak oatmeal in milk for at least 10 minutes
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (except sugar). Make a well in the center.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine sugar and all wet ingredients and lemon zest
- Add wet ingredients plus the oat and milk mixture to dry, stirring until just combined. Add any extra ingredients to batter. Don't over stir.
- Spoon batter evenly into the 12 cups. Sprinkle top of each with a pinch of rolled oats and granulated sugar, if desired.
- Bake on center rack in oven, at 425° for 5 minutes. Lower heat to 350° and continue baking for 16-17 minutes.
- When ready, muffins should be golden-brown on top and the centers spring back when lightly pressed.
- Allow muffins to cool for a few minutes before removing from muffin tin. Place on wire rack to continue cooling.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.
Wow these muffin’s are fantastic. Thank you for another great recipe. I made the gf version and added coconut, craisins and pecans. Perfect for breakfast. Thank you. 💕
Connie Edwards McGaughy
Yum! I love your choice of add-ins! I'm so happy you enjoyed the muffins & really appreciate you for letting me know. Thank you Linda!💚🥕
Connie Edwards McGaughy
Who doesn't love muffins? Particularly oatmeal muffins! You can enjoy indulging in this delish oil-free recipe!