Best Homemade Vegan Pumpkin Pie 🎃 Enjoy the fall flavors of pumpkin & spice with this creamy dreamy pie in a buttery, flaky homemade crust.
Have you ever wondered how to make a vegan pumpkin pie from scratch? It's much easier than you may think! With just a few basic ingredients and a pie crust ready to fill - you'll can create the best homemade vegan pumpkin pie ever!
This recipe has just the right balance of spice. Not too little, not too much . . . just right. The rich creamy pie filling and flaky crust combine to create the perfect sweet treat to finish your vegan Thanksgiving feast or to enjoy with an afternoon cup of tea. If you love pumpkin pie, you really should give this one a try.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn from purchases at no additional cost to you.
Why we love this recipe
- it's scrumptious
- fun & easy to prepare
- perfectly smooth & creamy filling with just the right amount of spice
- a buttery, flaky pie crust
- no one can guess it's vegan!
🎃 How about pie"lettes"?
This recipe creates one 9" pie or 12 of these cute individual mini pumpkin pielettes.
🥕See the complete instructions in the printable recipe card below.
🥧 Baking Tip
There’s nothing quite like a homemade pie crust. If you haven’t made one before, you may be surprised just how easy it is to create your own flaky & delicious crust.
This easy vegan pie crust is my go-to for sweet or savory recipes that require a crust, such as:
🥕Note: If you don’t have time to make your own crust, no worries! You can use a vegan store-bought crust or pie dough instead.
- Pumpkin puree - canned
- Sugar - white granulated (I don't suggest liquid sweeteners like maple syrup or coarse sugar as it will change the texture of the filling).
- Almond milk - unsweetened or other creamy non-dairy milk.
- Cinnamon - ground
- Ginger - ground
- Nutmeg - ground
- Cloves - ground
- Pie crust - unbaked (see recipe for easy vegan pie crust )or store-bought
🥕See printable recipe card below for complete details.
Prepare pie crust in advance and place in pie dish.
Pour pie filling ingredients into a blender. Blend until thoroughly combined.
Spoon pumpkin mixture into uncooked pastry pie crust.
Bake at 375º for 1 hr. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack to allow filling to set.
Slice and serve with non-dairy whipped topping.
🥕Here's a few more of our favorite fall-inspired baked dessert recipes!
- Easy Homemade Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Vegan Apple Pie
- Vegan Old Fashioned Applesauce Cake
- Vegan Orange Cranberry Bread
- Easy Vegan Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
very vegan 🌱 very good
Best Homemade Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 15 oz pumpkin puree canned
- 1 C sugar white
- ¾ C almond milk unsweetened
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ½ teaspoon ginger ground
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg ground
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves ground
- 1 pie crust unbaked - see recipe for easy vegan pie crust or store-bought
- Prepare pie crust in advance and place in pie dish or cupcake pan (for mini pielettes).
🥕See notes below for mini pielette baking instructions.
- Preheat oven to 375° 🥕See special instructions for mini pumpkin pielettes - below.
- Pour pie filling ingredients into a blender. Blend until thoroughly combined, approximately 3-5 minutes. Filling should be a creamy consistency.
- Spoon pumpkin mixture into uncooked pastry pie crust.
- Bake at 375º for 1 hr for whole pie 🥕See baking instructions below for °mini pielettes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack to allow filling to set.
- Serve with non-dairy whipped topping.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.
Connie Edwards McGaughy
Welcome to the best vegan pumpkin pie ever! Rich and creamy with the perfect balance of spice, this recipe is every pumpkin lover's dream pie. 🎃