Vegan Coconut Orange Curd 🍊A lightly sweet, citrusy, creamy spread to enjoy on freshly baked scones, biscuits and quick breads. Or whatever you like!
I was in the mood to make something new with my crop of fresh oranges. I'd never made a citrus curd before, so I thought I would give it a try!
I found an interesting recipe for vegan lemon curd on The Minimalist Baker, and using it as a jump-off point, I created this version which I call Vegan Coconut Orange Curd.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Should you make a purchase through those links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Wouldn't you know it? I made this and then realized we needed something to enjoy it with. So we made cranberry scones!
The results were delicious! Silky smooth, not too sweet, not too tart. The subtle flavor and richness of the coconut cream was nicely offset by the bright taste of the fresh orange. This was such a great addition to the scones. Just right!
How to make vegan orange curd.
There are just a few basic ingredients for this recipe. Coconut cream, orange juice, orange zest, maple syrup, and arrowroot for thickening.
The ingredients are whisked together and cooked for a few minutes until thick.
Pour the orange curd into jars and refrigerate for a few hours. That's it!
A fresh batch of vegan coconut orange curd.
I loved it with these scones!
It's also amazing with our yummy Vegan Orange Cranberry Bread! Check out the recipe here.
very vegan 🌱 very good
Vegan Coconut Orange Curd
- 4 qt sauce pan
- One or two medium/small mason jars or glass containers
- plastic wrap
- 14 oz coconut cream
- 3 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot
- Whisk together coconut cream and orange zest in saucepan.
- Stir together orange juice and arrowroot in measuring cup.
- Pour juice and arrowroot mixture into coconut cream/zest.
- Whisk in maple syrup.
- Place saucepan on stovetop over medium-high heat. Stir mixture while it comes to a low boil. Reduce heat and continue whisking at a low boil, until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat when the curd creates ribbons when you lift the whisk.
- Allow mixture to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into glass jars or container. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming on surface. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️in the comments below. It helps other readers and allows more people to find it online. I love hearing from you! Let’s keep in touch!
Connie Edwards McGaughy
This vegan orange curd is a lovely, light, & subtly sweet spread to enjoy on scones & biscuits.