Best Vegan Zucchini Ravioli 🌱 Get ready for the most delicious ravioli you’ve ever tasted. Thin slices of garden fresh zucchini wrapped around a rich filling of spinach, mushrooms, vegan sausage & plant-based cheese then topped with your favorite marinara. You won’t miss the pasta with this inspired vegan twist on a classic dish!
Who knew ravioli could be this delicious without pasta? This delish dish sounds heavenly, doesn’t it? Thanks to my husband’s culinary wizardry, this scrumptiously satisfying contemporary twist on a classic Italian dish has become my new favorite entree. In fact, I love this version so much that I don’t think I will go back to pasta ravioli again. No kidding!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn from purchases at no additional cost to you.
By replacing traditional ravioli pasta with fresh zucchini, it’s easy to create one of the most delicious dishes you’ve ever had. In fact, these are so good, you’ll definitely go back for seconds, maybe thirds! Everyone we’ve served this to say it’s the best vegan ravioli they’ve ever tasted!
For those of us with gluten allergies or simply looking to cut out processed carbs or extra calories, a super simple alternative to pasta is zucchini! Ever try zucchini noodles or ‘zoodles’ instead of spaghetti? They’re amazing! If you enjoy those, you are going to LOVE this recipe.
How to make vegan zucchini ravioli
This recipe is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. See the full recipe below & be sure to watch our video!
Filled with spinach, mushrooms, vegan sausage and cheeses, these ravioli are sure to please vegans and non-vegans alike.
Cover the ravioli with your favorite marinara sauce and top with breadcrumbs and a generous layer of yummy vegan cheeses.
Hot out of the oven. Oh the aroma of all those veggies and cheese!
“I watched the YouTube making the Zucchini Ravioli and made them tonight. My husband, who is not vegan but willing to try whatever I make, polished off most of the zucchini ravioli. They were OUTSTANDING – if I do say so myself. Best vegan meal I made so far. ” Laurie from Arizona
Grate a little extra parmesan on top. Why not?
Looking for more easy & delicious vegan recipes? Here are a few of our fan favorites!
- Vegan Spinach Stuffed Shells
- Best Vegan Meatless Meatballs
- Garden Squash Casserole
- Best Vegan Pesto Sauce
very vegan 🌱 very good
Best Vegan Zucchini Ravioli 🌱
- 3 medium zucchini sliced into thin strips (at least 32-40 strips)
- 1 bunch spinach fresh, blanched & chopped or 8 oz thawed frozen chopped spinach
- 2 vegan sausages we use Beyond Meat Sausage – broken into small pieces with a fork
- 1 C mushrooms coarsely chopped (we use white mushrooms)
- 1 C vegan cheese (8 oz) We like MIyoko's Mozz or Ricotta (Kite Hill)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1-½ C marinara sauce
- 1 C breadcrumbs We use Italian Panko breadcrumbs. You can use gluten-free breadcrumbs as well.
- ¼ C vegan cheese slices chopped or shredded we like Chao Vegan Cheese
- ¼ C parsley Fresh Italian parsley – chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Thoroughly rinse spinach leaves and then place them in a pot of boiling water and blanch for 2 minutes. Immediately remove spinach from hot water and rinse under cold water. Drain all excess water from spinach. If using thawed frozen spinach, make sure to completely drain excess water. For tips on preparing fresh spinach, watch our video on Vegan Quiche
- In a large mixing bowl, combine spinach, sausage, mushrooms, mozzarella or ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and then spoon filling onto cutting board.
- Pat the the filling into a rectangle. Using a large chef's knife, divide filling into 16 – 20 equal portions.
Wrap it up!
- This is the fun part! First, prepare an 8"x 8" baking dish by coating the bottom with one Tbsp of olive oil.
- On a cutting board or plate, place one slice of zucchini. Next, add one portion of the filling – placing it in the middle of the zucchini strip. Fold both ends of strip over the filling. Place the ravioli onto another strip of zucchini, crosswise. Fold both ends over.
- Place the wrapped ravioli, wrapped ends facing down, into baking pan.
- Repeat the process until the pan is completely filled with neatly wrapped zucchini raviolis. I like to alternate them, creating a basket-weave pattern.
Bake and Enjoy!
- Once the pan is filled, cover the raviolis with a generous amount of marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle thoroughly with breadcrumbs, cheese, and half of the parsley.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 375º.
- Remove from oven, uncover, sprinkle remaining parsley and drizzle 2 Tbsp olive oil over top. Continue baking (uncovered) at 375º for another 10-15 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
- Allow ravioli to set for at least 10 minutes before serving.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please rate it in the comments below. Sharing your experience helps others decide if they should give it a try too. Thanks a bunch!🥕