Vegan Spinach Ricotta Shells 🌱Stuffed full of yummy vegan cheeses and spinach. Topped with rich marinara, more cheese and toasty breadcrumbs – baked to perfection. Feeling hungry yet?
There’s nothing quite like the satisfying goodness of a great baked pasta dish. I’m crazy about this vegan version of classic Italian stuffed shells. Complex in flavors & easy to make – you’re certain to wow everyone at your table with this delicious entree.
This recipe has been a favorite at our house for years. We’ve served this to family and friends with rave reviews every time! What is there not to love about pasta, cheese, more cheese, sauce and veggies?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Should you make a purchase through those links, The Carrot Underground may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you, ever.
Ready to make these scrumptious vegan spinach ricotta shells?
I adore making these. Not only are they easy to prepare, it’s fun to do! I love filling each of the shells, it’s really quite satisfying. If you like to play with your food, then this is the dish for you! In all seriousness, once you put together a batch of these luscious stuffed shells, I’m pretty sure you’re going to add this to your list of favorites.
Use your favorite marinara sauce – store bought or homemade!
Hot out of the oven! Topped with toasty Italian panko breadcrumbs and vegan parmesan.
Garnish with fresh basil 🌱
Get ready for the best baked pasta dish ever!
Serve with a side salad, garlic bread, or our amazing meatless meatballs!
very vegan very good!🌱
Vegan Spinach Ricotta Shells
- large bowl
- large spoon for mixing
- teaspoon for filling
- 24 jumbo pasta shells cooked al dente per package instructions
- 10 oz spinach chopped – fresh or frozen* spinach is fine – *be sure to thaw and drain thoroughly before using
- 1 8 oz pkg vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 C vegan ricotta cheese
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg freshly ground (preferred)
- 1 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1/2 C Italian panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 C vegan parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine spinach, cheeses, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe dish, heat garlic and olive oil for 20 seconds in microwave.
- Add garlic and oil to spinach/cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce over bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Using a teaspoon, fill each shell with spinach/cheese mixture.
- Place filled shells (open side up) in pan.
- Once the pan is filled with shells, pour the remaining marinara sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 10 minutes until bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.