Vegan Avocado Cucumber Soup 🌱 A beautiful chilled soup made with a fusion of mellow avocado, refreshing cucumber, tart lemon, dill & yogurt. This easy and delicious vegan recipe is sure to become a new favorite. GF and oil-free.
What’s nicer on a hot day than a bowl of chilled vegan avocado cucumber soup? Silly question – a second bowl, of course!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn from purchases at no additional cost to you.
I love soup. Hot, cold, clear, or creamy… anytime is a good time for a bowl of soup. This summer, I discovered a new favorite – a vegan spin on a chilled cucumber yogurt soup with avocado. Smooth, rich, & subtle in flavor. This fusion of mellow avocado, refreshing cucumber, and creamy yogurt, is the perfect starter for almost any lunch or evening meal. Top it with a zesty garnish of diced tomatoes & freshly chopped jalapeno, it’s as pretty to serve as it is yummy to eat. Quick & easy to prepare, I look forward to serving this year-round.
How to make vegan avocado cucumber soup
One of the many things I love about this vegan avocado cucumber soup recipe is how quick and easy it is to make! Quite honestly, you can enjoy a bowl of this soup in about 15 minutes, or less!
🥕A great tip for preparing any recipe is to have all of your ingredients on hand, and better yet, pre-measured.
Things to keep in mind as you gather your ingredients:
🥕Select ripe avocados. Save yourself frustration and money by learning how to choose an avocado at its prime ripeness.
How to pick a perfectly ripe avocado
So, you’re in the produce section at the grocery store and you need avocados to make avocado cucumber soup. How do you go about choosing which ones to buy when they all look pretty much the same?
- Select your avocados based on when you plan on making the soup. If you want to prepare it the same day, choose ripe (not over-ripe) avocados. A ripe avocado will be fairly firm, but will yield to light pressure. The skin will be snug to the fruit, not brittle or pulled away. A perfectly ripe avocado will be neither hard nor mushy.
- My husband always checks to see that the stem is still intact on the avocados he buys. If it has been removed, the avo will tend to over-ripen from the top, so he only buys the ones with the stems.
- There’s a fine line between ripe and over-ripe and you’ll know it when you cut into an avo. One of the first signs of it being too ripe is the color of the flesh. Once those brown spots show up, it’s too late. Another way to check if it’s over ripe is by smell. An acrid or sour smell is a sure sign that you won’t be using that avocado.
- If you don’t plan on using your avocados the day you buy them, it’s better to error on the side of caution and choose firmer ones. If you have ripe avos that you won’t use the same day, put them in the fridge. It will slow down the ripening process and might give you a few extra days to use them.
Check these other easy & delicious vegan recipes!
very vegan 🌱 very good
Vegan Avocado Cucumber Soup
- blender or food processor
- Vegetable peeler
- Medium size bowl
- Long handled spoon or spatula
- 3 cucumbers peeled, seeded cut in chunks
- 2 avocados peeled, remove pits
- 5 Tbsp lemon juice reserve one tbsp
- 3/4 C plain yogurt vegan (your choice, I prefer cashew)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 bunch dill finely chopped
- 1-1/2 C ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp mint minced (optional)
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt, scallions, and dill. Pulse to mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, mint, garlic, jalapeño, and 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Add salt as needed.
- Serve soup in small bowls. Garnish with diced tomato mix. Simply delicious! 🥑🥒
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars in the comments below. It helps other readers and allows more people to find it online. I love hearing from you! Let’s keep in touch!
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️in the comments below. It helps other readers and allows more people to find it online. I love hearing from you! Let’s keep in touch!