Mom’s Vegan Macaroni Salad 💚 Old fashioned style with a vegan twist. Just like Mom’s or Grandma’s but even better because it’s 100% plant-based! So good, you’ll go back for seconds. Or thirds. Ok . . . fourths.
This easy updated vegan version of an old fashioned macaroni salad will make you feel like a kid again!
Being vegan doesn’t mean giving up the favorite foods you may have enjoyed prior to choosing a vegan lifestyle. In fact, it’s super easy to adapt many recipes, simply by substituting animal products with plant-based ingredients. I’ve had the best time re-creating many of my family’s traditional dishes with tremendous success. This one is amazing! You’re going to LOVE Mom’s Vegan Macaroni Salad.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small fee from purchases at no additional cost to you.
This salad is addictive. It’s that good.
This recipe is one of those . . . my mom’s addictively delicious old-fashioned macaroni salad. What makes this macaroni salad so great is the variety of flavors and textures, all in small bite-sized pieces. The salty tartness of the olives, combined with subtly sweet pickle relish; crispy, crunchy, diced celery, and the rich satisfaction of the tiny Tubetti or Ditalini pasta (also known as salad macaroni), will make you want to go back for more and probably more. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
How to make vegan macaroni salad
Quick & easy to prepare! Less than 30 minutes!
This recipe is so easy to prepare. Boiling water is probably the hardest part! Gather your ingredients and you’ll have the perfect macaroni salad ready in about a half hour. This salad is an absolute home run for afternoon events. tailgate parties, and potlucks. Bring a bowl of this with you and I promise, you won’t be bringing any leftovers home.
Need more ideas for easy & delicious vegan salads & side dishes? These are some of my favorites for potlucks and outdoor entertaining:
- Vegan Potato Salad – old-fashion style and as good as it gets!
- Vegan Eggless Egg Salad – yummy & nutritious!
- Southwestern Quinoa Salad – super good super food!
- Watermelon Pico de Gallo – beautiful & so refreshing!
Simply follow our easy recipe below!
very vegan 🌱 very good
Mom’s Vegan Macaroni Salad
- large bowl
- medium bowl
- 4 qt saucepan or stovetop pot
- 1 16 oz pkg salad macaroni Ditalini
- 4 stalks celery diced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- ¾ C black olives sliced
- ¾ C pimiento green olives sliced
- ½ C vegan mayo
- 3 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Boil macaroni according to package directions, until al dente or just tender.
- Rinse under cold water. Thoroughly drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooled macaroni, celery, onion, and olives.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over macaroni and gently fold in, until completely combined.
- Cover salad and refrigerate until chilled or prior to serving. Enjoy!💚
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please rate it in the comments below. Sharing your experience helps others decide if they should give it a try too. Thanks a bunch!🥕
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️in the comments below. It helps other readers and allows more people to find it online. I love hearing from you! Let’s keep in touch!