Best Vegan Spinach Mushroom Quiche 🌱 This delicious plant-based quiche recipe is as good as it gets! Baked in a flaky homemade crust, filled with vegan cheeses, fresh spinach, mushrooms and without tofu. It’s simply divine!
Real vegans eat quiche, like this fabulous vegan spinach mushroom quiche!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn from purchases at no additional cost to you.
I love ‘veganizing’ old family recipes, but there are some traditional dishes that are almost impossible to make without certain key ingredients – like quiche – which is basically an egg and cheese pie.
Over the years, I’ve made a few unsuccessful attempts trying to create a recipe for vegan quiche that really worked. The flavor was amazing but the texture and consistency wasn’t quite right. There are lots of recipes out there using tofu, and don’t get me wrong – I like tofu – just not in quiche. I was on a mission to create a perfect vegan version of a traditional quiche, capturing just the right texture and taste but without tofu.
What to use instead of egg in a vegan quiche?
Problem was, up until recently, there just weren’t any suitable egg replacers that worked well for quiche. Until now.
Thanks to the talented geniuses at JUST, we home cooks now have JUST Egg, a vegan egg substitute that requires no mixing or preparation. Straight from the bottle, it’s ideal for egg-centric dishes, like quiche. I found that out when my daughter and I decided to prepare her grandma’s traditional spinach quiche recipe using JUST Egg instead of eggs. Oh WOW. We nailed it!
FYI – this is not a sponsored post. We’re just big fans of this product.
What an amazing recipe! I made it again this weekend. Thanks for the game changing brunch idea! Denice K.
What is the best vegan cheese for quiche?
There’s never been a better time to be vegan. With so many fabulous options in non-dairy butters and cheese, you can enjoy many of your favorite traditional cheese-centric dishes using all vegan ingredients.
For this quiche recipe, I suggest using a variety – two or three – different types of cheese. Most vegan cheeses tend to be softer than dairy cheese. That’s ok. Just find cheeses that you like. Here are some of the cheeses we like and have used at various times in this recipe:
- Miyoko’s Creamery – Cream cheese, Cultured Cheddar, & Mozz
- Kite Hill – Cream cheese & Ricotta
- Chao – Cheese slices
- Violife – Parmesan
- Vromage – Small batch Artisan cheese
This scrumptious, easy vegan quiche recipe is ideal for brunch, lunch, dinner, Mother’s Day or any day!
How to make vegan quiche
I know I say this a lot, but this recipe is easier to prepare than you might think.
First thing you should do is watch my quiche video. It offers lots of helpful tips that will make your quiche baking experience that much better. Be sure to read through the step by step instructions and ingredients list.
How to make an easy vegan pie crust
You can add or substitute a variety of veggies in this recipe like:
🥕NOTE: Soft vegetables like tomatoes and zucchini will add extra liquid to your quiche, so you may need to remove the pulp or let your quiche bake longer, otherwise it may not fully set.
🥕If you love this quiche recipe, treat yourself to these other delish dishes!
- Easy Homemade Vegan Pot Pie
- Best Vegan Shepherd’s Pie
- 5 Star Vegan Mushroom Seitan Wellington
- Vegan Easy Cheesy Broccoli Pot Pie
enjoy 🌱 eat quiche!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please rate it using stars in the comment section below the recipe. It helps other readers find it online & decide if they want to give it a try too!. Thanks a bunch!🥕
Best Vegan Spinach Mushroom Quiche
- large bowl
- 4 qt stove top pot
- large skillet
- 9" pie plate or 10" oven proof quiche dish
- wooden spoon or spatula
- strainer or colander
- 2 tbsp non-dairy butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1-1/2 C spinach cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 C mushrooms sliced
- 1-1/2 C vegan cheese grated or diced
- 3/4 C egg replacer JUST egg vegan egg substitute
- 1 C non-dairy milk (I use rice milk)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 9" pastry pie shell unbaked – see our recipe for vegan pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Using a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute butter, garlic, and onions until tender. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Add mushrooms & cooked spinach, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 C cheese (set aside remaining 1/2 C cheese).
- Stir until thoroughly combined. Remove pan from heat.
- Pour over spinach & mushroom mixture and combine all.
- Bake quiche for 15 minutes at 375º.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over quiche and continue baking for another 35-40 minutes, until pie crust begins to brown.
- Remove quiche from oven and let cool for about an hour (to set).
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please rate it in the comments below. Sharing your experience helps others decide if they should give it a try too. Thanks a bunch!🥕