Easy Vegan Berry Cobbler 🌱 A simply scrumptious old school style dessert made with juicy berries and a buttery toasted sweet crumble topping.
A couple years ago, I planted berry vines in my yard – raspberries and boysenberries. I really like raspberries but I ADORE boysenberries. Ever since I was a kid, boysenberries have held a special place in my heart and my palate.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small fee from purchases, at no additional cost to you.
I grew up in Santa Monica, a coastal town in Los Angeles County, not far from the mecca of all things boysenberry – Knott’s Berry Farm. Throughout my childhood, boysenberries were a fixture in our kitchen. My brother and I just couldn’t get enough of those sweet, tart, plump, juicy, deep purple berries. Boysenberry preserves, jam, and our absolute favorite – boysenberry pie.
So, back to those berry vines. Not long after I planted them, the raspberry went wild, producing new shoots all over the garden. The boysenberry, however, remained – let’s say – quiet. I didn’t think it was going to thrive. I was worried.
And then this happened!
Oh boy boysenberries!
You’ve no idea how excited I was to have fresh boysenberries! My first thought was “I have to make a boysenberry pie.” But then I realized my young crop might not yield enough ripe berries to make a whole pie. So I opted to make mini berry cobblers instead. What a delicious decision that was!
With the help of my daughter Madison, we went on a quest to create a berry-centric dessert that would allow these beautiful fresh boysenberries to be the star of the show. Some cobblers have biscuit-like doughs that absorb the juice and flavors of the berries underneath. We decided to make a topping that enhanced the experience of the dessert without competing with the fruit itself.
This easy vegan berry cobbler is so scrumptious. It embraces all the flavor and texture of the beautiful berries with the rich addition of a chewy caramelized crust.
How to Make Easy Vegan Berry Cobbler
This recipe is perfectly suited for any type of berry: Blackberries, loganberries, raspberries, blueberries, boysenberries . . . use your favorite or what you have available. I prefer – when possible – using fresh berries, but you can definitely use frozen or canned as well.
🥕If you use fresh berries, make sure to thoroughly rinse and remove leaves, thorns, or other bits from the berries.
🥕To prepare this recipe gluten-free, simply replace the flour with a gluten-free flour of your choice.
Here are the kitchen tools that you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
Then follow these simple steps:
It really is just that easy!
Easy vegan berry cobbler hot out of the oven.
Serve with a dollop of vegan whipped topping or ice cream. Enjoy!
For more fruit-centric vegan desserts, be sure to see these yummy recipes:
- Easy Vegan Apple Crisp
- Vegan Very Berry Mousse
- World’s Best Vegan Lemon Meringue Pie
- Easy Vegan Apple Pie
very vegan 🌱 very good
Easy Vegan Berry Cobbler
- Colander or strainer
- large bowl
- 4 one-cup ramekins* see below for larger quantity
- 3 cups berries fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg equivalent vegan egg replacer
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated- vegan
- 1/2 cup flour all-purpose
- 3 tbsp vegan butter melted – of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Coat inside of ramekins with small amount of vegan butter.
- Drizzle berries with lemon juice to coat.
- Divide berries equally and spoon into ramekins.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Stir egg replacer into dry ingredients until it is a fine crumble.
- Spoon crumble over berries.
- Melt vegan butter and drizzle over top of crumble.
- Bake at 375° for 25 – 30 minutes. Check at 25 minutes.
- Cobbler will be finished baking when berries are bubbling and crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or vegan ice cream.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars in the comments below. It helps other readers and allows more people to find it online. I love hearing from you! Let’s keep in touch!
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️in the comments below. It helps other readers and allows more people to find it online. I love hearing from you! Let’s keep in touch!