Vegan Israeli Couscous Salad
Vegan Israeli Couscous Salad 🌱A nourishing and delicious blend of traditional Israeli couscous, nuts, and fruits that feeds the body & soul.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin (reserve 1 tbsp)
- 1 whole fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 1 C Israeli couscous
- 1-3/4 C vegetable broth
- 1/4 C apple juice
- 1/2 bunch spinach leaves throughly washes, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pomegranate keep kernels
- 1/3 C golden raisins soaked in hot water & drained
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp almonds slivered
Place saucepan over medium heat and coat with 2 tbsp olive oil.
Add and saute fennel, onion, & couscous. Toast for 1 minute.
Pour in vegetable broth and apple juice. Simmer for 10 minutes or until couscous is al dente.
Drain excess liquid. Transfer couscous to large bowl.
Add spinach, pomegranate kernels, and raisins to the couscous.
Season with salt & pepper.
Pour olive oil & drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over salad. Lightly toss.
Transfer into a serving bowl and top with toasted almonds.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1607IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg