VEGAN APPLE PIE! 🍏Harvest season is a great reason to celebrate vegan living and I can’t think of a better way to get into a festive fall mood than to bake a pie using this easy vegan apple pie recipe!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Should you make a purchase through those links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you, ever.
The amazing aroma of spices, and apples wafting from your kitchen will make your home feel cozy and welcoming. You’re going to love making this vegan apple pie recipe. It’s as good as it gets!
Serve warm with a dollop of vegan whipped topping or vanilla ice cream!
There’s nothing quite like a homemade vegan apple pie
A is for apples. Let’s start there.
Recently, a friend of mine arrived at my front door with a huge box of freshly picked apples from his mountain home in Julian, California. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw all those apples! There must have been close to a hundred pounds of Red and Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Fuji…you name it. As soon as I saw them, my mind went into overdrive thinking what I would do with all of them. First, I shared at least half of them with friends. About a quarter of them we ate fresh or in salads. With the remaining 25 pounds, we made applesauce (which was amazing!) and the most fabulous pies created from this vegan apple pie recipe.
How to make this amazing vegan apple pie recipe
🥕NOTE: It all begins with the apples. Select an assortment of apples to use in your pie. I like to combine sweet and tart varieties, such as Granny Smith, Fuji, Honeycrisp, Rome…at least 3 or 4 different types. The tastier your apples, the better your pie. For the crust, see my Easy Vegan Pie Crust recipe. Be sure to thoroughly read the list of ingredients and instructions before starting.
We Fall for Fall Pies!🍁 Vegan Apple Pie
- Large mixing bowl
- Vegetable peeler
- Rolling Pin
Vegan Apple Pie Filling
- 7 large apples assorted varieties
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour all-purpose, sifted
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter melted
- Peel, core, slice, place apples in a large bowl
- Combine together in a separate bowl the remaining ingredients
- Add apples to above mixture. Toss apples to completely coat. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare vegan pastry pie crust
- Divide dough into two equal amounts.
- Fill with with prepared apples.
- Roll out top crust. You can use a solid top crust or cut into strips to create a lattice top. For a solid top crust, be sure to create slits in top crust to vent pie while cooking.
- Bake at 425º for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 350º and continue baking for 30-40 minutes, until apples are bubbling and crust is golden brown.